Arrests of Belarusian opposition leaders continue
Wednesday 14 March 2007
The Belarusian People’s Front party leader Vintsuk Vyachorka was detained yesterday by riot policemen near his apartment doors in Kaltsou Street yesterday evening. At the same moment an opposition activist Vyachaslau Siuchyk was detained on Yakub Kolas Square in Minsk and was taken to the police department of Savetski district. The politicians have spent the night in the remand prison in Akrestsin street. The reasons for detention and of an unexpected release of the politicians this afternoon are still unknown, Charter97 reports. EPP-ED Group Chairman Daul expressed deep concern over the latest developments in a PR published today
See online : To see the PR click here.
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup