Barroso’s State of the Union speech
Tuesday 7 September 2010
Strasbourg: European Parliament
Today the President of the European Commission Barroso delivered the first ever State of the Union address to Members of the European Parliament. You can read the official Press Release with the content of his speech here.
Whether or not this is a laudable thing is up for our readers to decide. We hereby offer you some links to different reactions and points of view about the meaning of such an address from European Voice, the blogger Grahnlaw, Labour MEP Mary Honeyball’s blog and an intriguing Barroso Buzzword Bingo at Bloggingportal.
Enjoy the read and make up your mind!
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup