Cyprus with Euro?!
Thursday 15 February 2007
Cyprus has just asked to join the Euro-zone by January 1st, 2008. The European Commission and the Central European bank have to examine its application by mid-May 2007. The definitive decision must be taken during the European summit of next June. To date, the only one of the last ten countries members (i. e: entered the EU in May, 2004) to have adopted the euro is Slovenia: January 1st of this year.
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup