EU citizens want referendum on treaty
Sunday 17 June 2007
Plans by Europe’s leaders to push a reworked European Union constitution on to the statute book without further referendums are strongly opposed by European citizens, according to an exclusive FT/Harris opinion poll. Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, will seek an outline agreement this week on a replacement for the EU constitution, shot down by French and Dutch voters in referendums in 2005.
See online : Click here to read the whole article.
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup