Federalists call for a consensual and discreet Chair of the European Council
Wednesday 18 November 2009
On the eve of the European summit in Brussels which will decide on the name of the first so-called “President” of the European Council with a term of two-and-a-half years, the Young European Federalists (JEF-Europe) regret the lack of transparency and the undemocratic character of the so-called “election” process but insist on the appointment of a candidate with a pro-integrationist profile.
Read the full press release of JEF here
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup