Giorgio Napolitano to visit Ventotene
Sunday 21 May 2006
The new Italian President of the Republic, Giorgio Napolitano, was to visit the island of Ventotene today to remember the twentieth anniversary of the death of Altiero Spinelli. Spinelli launched in 1941 in Ventotene the “Manifesto for a free and united Europe”, while he was imprisoned with other anti-fascist leaders.
See online : Altiero Spinelli on Wikipedia
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup