Less Talk and more Action for a World beyond Carbon
Wednesday 16 December 2009
The Young European Federalists (JEF-Europe) welcome the UN Copenhagen talks on Climate Change, which were solemnly opened last week. Nonetheless, talks are not enough and JEF-Europe demands a bold, binding and long-term environmental deal because climate change is not only a global threat to human, economic and social rights but also risks to put at stake the stability of democratic regimes through conflict over scarce resources and mass migration.
See online : Read the full text of the Press Release here.
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup