One in six Europeans living below the poverty line
Tuesday 20 February 2007
One in six Europeans lives below the national poverty line, while 10 percent of people live in households where there is nobody working, according to the European Commission’s annual social inclusion report published on Monday (19 February). Conducted in 2004, the study showed that 16 percent of EU citizens lived under the poverty threshold which is defined as 60 percent of their country’s median income
See online : More on the story here.
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup