Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
Monday 13 December 2010
Exactly 1 year after the entry into force of the Treaty of Lisbon, positive signals finally came from the European Parliament’s Committee on Constitutional Affairs (AFCO) about the European Citizens’ Initiative (ECI) regulation that should render the instrument operational. Yet, representatives from all undersigned youth organisations fear that AFCO’s position will be watered-down in the end game and are therefore urging MEPs from across the political spectrum to render the instrument as democratic and accessible as possible at the plenary vote on 16 December.
Read the full PR here
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup