Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
Monday 13 December 2010
Despite low expectations, the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP 16) in Cancún succeeded in finding a compromise during a dramatic finish on Saturday, 11 December 2010. After the failure of the 2009 Copenhagen Summit, the parties agreed on proceeding with the Kyoto Protocol and decided to financially support developing countries in fighting Climate Change. European politicians considered the minimum consensus an important step in creating a global solution and ensuring that the UN is still capable of acting in this field.
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup