Schengen Enlargment - Europe United!
Friday 21 December 2007
The EU’s borderless zone expanded to nine new member countries - Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia and the Czech Republic, which all joined the EU back in May 2004 - at midnight on Friday (21 December) in its biggest enlargement so far. Land and sea border checks between them and the other Schengen countries are now abolished, while air borders are set to follow on 30 March 2008.
See online : Read more about it here.
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup