Sweden taking over EU Presidency
Thursday 2 July 2009
On 1 July Sweden assumed the six-month presidency from the Czech Republic in rather unpleasent times characterised by economic recession and uncertainty for the future of the Lizbon Treaty.
Sweden will not really have much scope for pushing through its own agenda since it inherited a large portion of the agenda from a rather unsuccessful Czech Presidency, which had been agreed upon in the 18-month work programme in the trio with France and Czech Republic.
See online : Euractive
The New Federalist is the magazine of the Young European Federalists (JEF).
JEF is an organisation of young people from all over Europe who share a vision of a united, federal and democratic Europe.
Disclaimer: articles published on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of JEF-Europe. Please read about JEF-Europe on www.jef.eu.
- 13 December 2010 – Positive outcome of COP 16 in Cancún
- 13 December 2010 – Free Belarus Action
- 13 December 2010 – Plenary vote on European Citizens’ Initiative
- 27 September 2010 – JEF against visa!
- 16 September 2010 – WELCOME BACK, SPINELLI!
- 15 September 2010 – A new Spinelli Group in the EP
- 10 September 2010 – thenewfederalist.eu on Radio China International
- 7 September 2010 – Barroso’s State of the Union speech
- 4 August 2010 – And we are back!
- 12 July 2010 – Europe dominates the Football World Cup